Well my favorite local spot is kinda obvious... it is my studio. I love to be out here working and putting my creative energies to use. I have to admit, though, since changing to watercolor I love using daylight and so coming out here at 2 in the morning does not seem helpful to me. I need to find a way to get around that. With oil painting, it was okay because the oils are opaque. Watercolors have transformed me as an artist and I need the light. Starting to work at a real job has been kind of challenging because I need to focus on making time to go out to the studio on a daily basis. So far, I have gone out there 2-3 times a seek. Once I get situated into a more regular schedule, I hope to go out there more often. As they say: This is where the magic happens.
A Blog for the Sumner Family to share and communicate across country and continent.
WE ARE AWESOME!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
My Local Spot
Well my favorite local spot is kinda obvious... it is my studio. I love to be out here working and putting my creative energies to use. I have to admit, though, since changing to watercolor I love using daylight and so coming out here at 2 in the morning does not seem helpful to me. I need to find a way to get around that. With oil painting, it was okay because the oils are opaque. Watercolors have transformed me as an artist and I need the light. Starting to work at a real job has been kind of challenging because I need to focus on making time to go out to the studio on a daily basis. So far, I have gone out there 2-3 times a seek. Once I get situated into a more regular schedule, I hope to go out there more often. As they say: This is where the magic happens.
Labels:
favorite spot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe we need to move your Studio into the Kitchen where all the windows are...? You are my love!
ReplyDelete