Dear Shelter:
My name is Floppsy Cat because I take 3 steps and then flop over, waiting to be petted. I am very loving and affectionate. I am female, spayed and about 7 years old, a couple of years shy of needing my shots. I come from a home that had two cats and was raised as a kitten with this other cat, but he started sneaking outside, started living outdoors and then left altogether, leaving me alone in the house. This was fine by me as I prefer being an indoor cat. I am afraid of the outdoors. I prefer a quiet household and do not like crowds of people or anything scary.
My problem started three years ago. I had two girls as pets. The elder of the two graduated from high school and went on to college which was okay because the younger of the two was the one that gave me the most attention. Then SHE graduated from high school the next year and went to college in the fall. I missed her terribly. To combat my loneliness I created a game called "Hide The Stool" which is great fun and which I still play today. Just about the time that I would get myself settled down from my doldrums, my beloved Julia would come home from college. I was ecstatic, but this meant another adjustment for me. I was angry at her for being away, yet thrilled at her being home. What is a cat to do, you know? After a couple of weeks of being with her again, however, she would pack up and LEAVE AGAIN!! Oh the torment!! It drove me absolutely neurotic. The cycle of Julia being gone and coming home and being gone again has continued for years and been very stressful for me. It got so bad that the last time she was home a few weeks ago I urinated all over her belongings to let her know how displeased I was that she kept leaving me. Every time she leaves me, I get so upset that I would be unable to urinate in my litter box and would miss "accidentally on purpose" and urinate on the floor AROUND THE BOX so that EVERYONE would be sure to know of my misery.
Everytime my Julia's parents have people come over to the house I hide and then I have to let them know how unhappy I am with their behavior by urinating on the floor around my litter box. Of course, I still play my "Hide the Stool" game, but it just doesn't give me any joy lately and I have just been leaving the stools around on the floor by the litter box instead of hiding them in interesting places.
Please help me find a new home.
Best regards, Floppsy Cat (With help by Momm)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.