Wednesday, July 7, 2010

And Liberty too!

Hey Team!

Well- this is Liberty. We live in a tiny (but handicap accessible) apartment in Fort Wayne, IN. I have three jobs on campus- listed in order of worst to greatest below:

I work 10 hours a week at the school's library, 'Saving Information from Extinction' for the mDON program. This is the worst job because it's boring, tedious, pays only minimum wage and I'm hidden away in the back with only a very thin, high window as a view to the outside world. On the plus side, I set my own schedule, and my boss is a pretty chill guy who has a crazy unkempt beard and wears a tie-dye tshirt EVERYDAY.
I also give tours to prospective students through the admissions office as a STAR (STudent Admissions Representative... har har har). This job is ok. The hours are inconsistent, but I'm a student coordinator, so that's a bonus. Sometimes the tours are great and I really connect with the students, othertimes it is super awkward and makes me feel like a dorkus.
The best job is at the Walb Student Union as a student coordinator for the special events office. It's a grunt job, setting up tables and chairs for events, but it pays the best AND there's a lot of downtime. So I'll get paid to man the desk and do my homework or (more often) cruise facebook and online games.

Anyway, I have a lot of free time on my hands now that I dropped my summer class so I'll probably do something crafty. I want to make a quilt but don't really know how. (hint hint! Mom? You got some skills?) We'll see. Maybe I'll just read instead. I never read anymore. :[ But I will be reading a lot on our Super-Fantastic-Actually-Probably-Quite-Grueling-70-Hour-ROADTRIP! To FL for Brandon's family vaca then to UT for the reunion.

Also, I'll probably tend to make really long posts, so I'll try not to do that. And end now. :D

LOVE YOU!
Liberty

2 comments:

  1. What kind of quilt? I have boxes of fabric. Do you want to stitch together a quilt partially made by gramma? Do you want to start from scratch? Do you want some quilt blocks she made and go from there? I mean, REALLY... I have TONS. I have been saving them for when I broke both legs and had to recuperate for about 10 years in a wheelchair. I have THAT MUCH fabric and stuff to work on including enough for two or three "Liberty theme" quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D as long as they're not 'old-lady' theme, I could do it. And by old lady theme, I guess I mean lame pastel, blah, boring patterns, etc. They have their place as contrast, but I like the bright and bold as a focus. I wouldn't mind some gramma blocks! That would be fun. I know basically how to piece things together, but I don't know what to do after that, like what makes it 'quilted'. You could always unload (a little) if you come out to IN in August! :D

    PS- you got a photo of yourself? What?!! How?! You're ahead of me, mom! You're amazing! GO YOU

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.