Julia here, still didn't figure out how to make an ID. oh well haha.
Lets see, family road trips. haha, "I'm in your garden" I remember that. I remember mom asking "whoever guesses the right amount of miles it takes us to drive from here to that hill on the horizon get's the last orange" or something like that. Listening to some Black Sabbath and RHCP always reminds me of road trips. More recently, I remember Dad, Lib and I (was keaton there too?) flying out to Utah and driving out that bucket Lincoln from cousin...whoever and visiting Nauvoo and driving back together. Also me and dad driving out to BYU and picking up Sarah in Ohio. And then driving straight from the Wijin (I forget their name) house in Iowa all the way to Utah, and stopping for frosty's in Wyoming. Me Sarah and Dad were all wired and punch funny at that point. Dad drove the rest of the way (and it's like 2-5am or something like that) and he told us afterwards that he almost drove off the side of the mounatins a couple of times haha. Good stuff. And of course the toll booth. I will never forget that. I think when I die, I want to have that on my heavenly tivo or something so I can watch it over and over haha.
Favorite "family" memories? Too many. Christmas cookies, sunday night movies, videogames, chore charts, wearing a big "M" t shirt for bed and sitting on the heater to make the shirt get all big and puffy, Liberty getting burnt by the Turkey baster, the hand of midas that as from keaton's washer/dryer toy, sledding on the big toboggan, of course all of the Granny trips and shennanigans, the m&m game "dont eat pete!". But just being together. I really had a good time at the "sumner family reunion" and visiting in Vernal with Indira, it's all about togetherness and family. :)
Favorite shows to watch? hmmm. First of all, let me apologize to mom for watching the Lion King every single day. my favorite movie, what can I say! Pete n' Pete, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts! (dundunn, dundundun, GUTS!), ren&stimpy, The Simpsons, House, Seinfeld, Hells Kitchen (where's the lamb sauce!!!!!), Nascar with pop haha, going to baseball games, GO PHILLIES, and of course, Jackie Chan Adventures--uncle says "One morreee thing!"
FAvorite movies? Does the best of will ferrell count? "Hayy....if themoon were made of SPare riBs, woulD you EAT IT?" Anything Jackie Chan, like Blake said. Amadeus, Ten Commandments, Breakfast Club, Moulin Rouge, Mission impossible (Eathan.....EAthan!!!), Men in Black, Armageddon (which I recently learned-Brandon thinks is one of the wost movies ever haha---but we both like Independence Day) Hercules, and I cant think of anymore right now, but it's good to eat Blake's heart attack popcorn haha.
In other news, BYU starts this monday, Aug 30!!! Yikes! It's been fun working 8 hours a day over the summer, but I was losing my mind at the library haha. Time to get back into the grove of things. My arms and back of my neck is mad tan from athletic training, I gotta tape some ankles! Miss you! love you family! :)
-J
PS-extra bonus memory! I was apparently the only one in the family who had imaginary friends. Dandu and Dootodoo. remember them? and I was apparently the only child on the planet weird enought to kill my imaginary friends with bricks and a rake in the backyard with my sister. At least I turned out alright....right? haha
You watched Lion King every single day several times a day. Fortunately it was VHS and it took time to rewind. So we could have a breather. hahaha. Also, fortunately, I liked it. Hakuna Matata!! I also liked Dandu and Dootodoo. I did not know you and Liberty killed them. They just stopped showing up.
ReplyDeleteBy the way - I think you need to post a comment here and give a full description, or maybe a full post of your relationship with Dandu and Dootodoo. Did you see them? You certainly had conversations with them. What did they look like? Did they wear clothes? Did they smile? Were they like Drop Dead Fred? Once you had a birthday or something and I gave you presents and you were really put out that I did not have presents for Dandu and Dootodoo. Did you notice that I tried hard to respect them and not be like the mom in Drop Dead Fred and insist they did not exist? I would LOVE to hear more about them.
ReplyDelete