Friday, February 4, 2011

Mayonnaise

So at our apartment, we like to have dance parties, lots of them. This is the epitome of my dancing. always with the mouth open, looking like a fool. That's Dubon there, in the pink. (Her name is Andrea Dubon, I call her Dubon) She was my roommate freshman year and we lived together since then! Oh yeah, I also wanted to show off how tan I was!
I also wanted to tell yous about my Thanksgiving trip to California! (a little late hehehe) Dubon is from Santa Clarita, just north of L.A. and so we went there for Thanksgiving!!! I drove the whole way haha, Dubon hates driving. We left about 8 am, and it was really cold and the salt from the roads was all over the winshield, and her washer fluid wasn't working, it was probably frozen. SO visibility was like 20% haha. But we stop at her boyfriend's house in Mona (near Nephi) to say hey and he helped us wash it off. Driving there took about 9-10 hourse, we got lost in Palmdale!!! of all the places to get lost hahaha, but nothing happened. So we got to her house then we went out to eat with her family to this cool "dog" resturant. I think the next day, yeah, te next day was thanksgiving so during the day we went to Hollywood Boulevard! I took pics of my favorite stars (Judge Judy, Michael Jackson, The Beatles, The Temptations) and we saw two Michael Jacksons!! I also "stomped" on Tom Cruise's star haha. I guess he was my "least" favorite (I just wanted to stomp on a star haha) Here is a picture of me and one of my favorite stars!!! We went home for Thanksgiving dinner and a bunch of her family was there. Dubon's aunt is hilarious. Tia!!! haha, she was always asking me about the guys I dated and how I like Spanish guys and everything, calling me "La Julia" hahaha, she was hilarious, she's one of those crazy aunts you know? I love her! haha. Dinner was great!


The next day, Dubon and I went to Santa Monica and walked the pier. We checked out some shops and took pictures at the pier! It was beautiful! (There's a bad picture of us! haha!) Later that night, we went to "City Walk" It's a part of Universal Studios but not the amusement park part, so it's free and theres a ton of shops and everything. I bought a $4 fitted 'LA' hat, haha, tryna keep it real.

The next day we went to Beverly Hills mall. We bought earrings there haha. And I think that morning we went with Dubon's dad to get her car a tune up and we all went to Denny's together. After Beverly Hills, we went to the mall with Dubon's family and Pollo Loco (it was freakin good) and just hanging out with them. Her little brother had the gloves with lights on the fingers, so you could glow in the dark and do all these crazy jabbawokeez dance moves and make the lights all psychadelic, it was cool haha. Oh and here is Thor, their turtle. Remember dad, I told you their dog died, and then they got a turtle and you thought it was a horrible "replacement" hahaaha. But it's weird, the turtle will go in the same places and areas of the yard that the dog did! freaky!

I did most of the driving in LA-they all go 80 miles an hour, (I love it haha) and Tia was trying to get me to visit more often and move there and stuff. I really liked it and I could definitley see myself living there!! It was a great trip, I really needed to get out of Utah haha.
Anyway, I miss you tons! I haven't checked the blog in a while, and when I did there were 3 new ones up and I read them all and missed you tons so I put one. I hope we last through winter, it's been freezing here the past couple of days, it feeels like in the negatives! Athletic Training is going great, I'm with the BYU Women's Soccer Team, they are excellent. Still busy as ever and tomorrow I'm going snowboarding! Hopefully, Blake's bad luck wont rub on me and I can do ok. hehehe. Love you! Miss you all tons! Go Cougars! Jimmer Fredette is a baller!
Oh, and here is a picture of me, DUbon did my make up for a date (wow, the 4th date I've been on at BYU haha, and it was set up too) and that's my awesome sweater dress that makes me look hot haha



7 comments:

  1. HULIA! you look great! Your trip to La La the land of the Lost sounds like it was a blast. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me do a double take.....(double take)...looking real hot Julia. Your hair looks really nice too all silky and smooth and the make-up looks glowing and very natural. See girl you need to doll yourself up more often. A little goes a long way! You killed it in that sweater dress too. Keep it up. Did you know my peeps in Vernal are moving to Arkansas? :( Fredy got a great job offer so anyway. Stay happy and true to yourself. -Indira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indira, it's that make up you got me for christmas, holy crap, it's so great, I love it! I had Dubon do my makeup that one day, so now I try to do it myself. haha, I'm still a tomboy tho, in the fact that I would rather get 15 minutes of extra sleep thatn do my makeup (and that's only because I am reallly busy and I never get enough sleep anyway) but I do like getting all pretty-fied. But yeah, thanks so much for the make up and hair stuff!!! :)
    Moving to Arkansas????? :( when are they going? maybe I will have to visit them again, or you could come up again before they go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I wanted a new palette of colors for myself and was trying them out and I really liked how pretty the colors appeared so I bought the one w/four different colors. I went back the next day and I noticed they had another one with lots more colors hahaha so I thought of you. I remembered when we went to Utah you didn't have any makeup so I thought what the hek :) Glad you liked it. I also LOVE the shampoo. It's ones that I rotate on my hair. U had mentioned shampoo so I said hey what the hek let's have you try something other than suave or pantene. hehehe
    My mom and I are actually going up there beginning of April....Crissy will have her baby the 15th of April and since Fredy will be gone we want to help her for at least 2 weeks :) I'm not sure I'll be able to drive like last time with my own pregnancy and if there is snow well NO WAY so we may end up flying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, yeah, they are great thanks!

    ahhh, ok, so the end of april, nice nice. yeah, maybe I could some up to visit and see yous or something then. Yeah, driving in the car for that long while pregnant, whooo, that's tough, yeah. I hope you are glad to be back in Arizona and everything! It's still mad cold up here, but I can tell it's getting warmer. I think it's supposed to be 40-50's on saturday, shoot, I'm bustin out the shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great one, It is good to read about your adventure to the Left Coast. Sweet, Della and I had had our fair share of adventures in and around those parts. We need to go again all together now that we're all "grown up". Maybe get reservations at HK... wouldn't that be a trip. I am certain it is super hard and super expensive... but wouldn't that be just too funny.
    The pics are all great. You are the Great One. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia, just letting you know you are a cutie. Glad you had fun. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.