I will attempt to follow the format, Car / Road Trip
There are a few that stand out, but forgive me if the memory is a little foggy, in no particular order: 1) The trip to AZ where we picked up Granny In AK and she helped drive thru the night, and with granny driving it started to snow about an hour before Armarillo TX., (this was in the little blue van). So I started driving after our gas stop and was doing the best I could to get us thru, having had more snow driving experience and could maybe go a little faster. It turned out to be the worst conditions I have ever driven in. There was, in some places up to 4 inches of frozen snow and ice on the roads, it was a real wet heavy snow and I was actually suprized we got thru to Albequerque. if you chech the map, it is a pretty good hike, several hundred miles, well once we got to Albequerque, we turned south to get to more clear roads, the word at the truck stop was it was like that all the way to Flagstaff. UGH. We were stopped a couple times, cars were slidding off the roads all around, there was a truck with a fullsize airstream trailer blocking our lanes we drove around them off the road. but wow. 2) the Niagara Falls trip and the Toll Booth episode has to be a classic. I loved the way Blake wrote the dialog he and Kevin had after I yelled for them to "shut up"... bunch if idiots back there..."
that is so funny. "Is he serious?" "No, he's never serious." "But I can"t tell with those glasses on." "But he has that smirk on his face."... ha ha I laugh just writing this. And a few honorable mentions, the Trip to New Jersey from Utah including the adventure of the car dying and the Black Hills camping, and all we did, (that was a great time). Universal Studios, Space shuttle launch. Combined with the T-Bones steak house memories! That was a Sumner Classic. (J, this is one I would play and replay once we get our lives on CD up in heaven, ha ha) Insane that we did all that traveling. Countless trips to Grannies, Aunt Claudia's, when we were still in AZ a few trips to Utah. Yikes, Ya'll got your million mile club pins yet?
I think I will come back to this and add the "crazy" memories and "movie" memories on a Part II and Part III... Love all you guys, It is great to hear from you all Keep bloging. Hope school is going well for those in school. Ha. no me. KZ's last "First Day" is this Tuesday... We'll take pictures. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.