A Blog for the Sumner Family to share and communicate across country and continent.
WE ARE AWESOME!
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Re Do
I don't know if I am totally prepared to write this. I must agree with the Great Queen Della, being older there are so many things that you look back on and wonder if things are as they should be. I'll break this into a couple catagories. 1) Do Over, 2) Regret, (not plural by design, only going to list one, of hundreds), 3) What if's. So first; Do overs. Maybe I should have one pre marriage and one post marriage. In my younger days if there was one thing I could do over, and I don't say this lightly: I would have studied harder and been strickter in keeping all the mission rules. Or in shorter words, I would have liked to have been a better missionary. Also Long term I would have liked to have kept up my language skills, and developed more my reading and writing. I don't mean to say I feel any less about myself, I just think I may have missed out on some really special times. There were a couple companionships that were really unproductive. I feel I missed some lessons and opprtunities. (retitled: What If): again, should that be before marriage or after. 2 things here. When Della and I got married, I had a chance to get on full time at GM building cars in WI. I could have transferred to University in Wisconsin, but because I was so close to graduation, I didn't want to lose any credit transferring from ASU. So we ended up in Arizona and started our family, and graduated 2 years and 2 children later. I often wonder how things would be different if we would have stayed in Wisconsin. (I guess that is not really a regret, more like a what if... Regrets. Maybe I will add this later, I can't really think of any "regret" things. I have a few deep personal things, not really for on line sharing. but I look back on how my life has been blessed, and I feel regrets are just downer things that you can't do anything about, so as a wise man once said... 'accept the things you can not change, and wisdom to know the difference'. So having said that, I am really sorry I missed attending IN the temple the 2 weddings of my beloved children, Blake and Indira; and Liberty and Brandon. Wo, this all of a sudden got heavy and I will just sign off with that. You all should know that I love you, Conference was great this weekend. I loved the Lamb and Sheep Poem... I hope I haven't been a bad papa sheep! I don't believe I was... Be Good Bloggers. Pop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We often play the What if... game. What if we HAD gone to Wisconsin instead of staying in Arizona.... we never would have gone to Tennessee... out path in life might have turned out completely different. I am glad we tried so hard to stay sensitive to the Lord and His will, even when he flicked us like a booger across the country to Tennessee. and, Frankly, Wisconsin winters are too Darn cold. Arizona is warm. 'nuff said.
ReplyDeleteMom, AZ IS WAYYYY TO HOT!!!!! hahah, hey it's all good, I know it's your homeland.
ReplyDeleteYou are not a shooey pop, you are the best. You can get with Steve and practice your japanese. Or when Keaton is done, yous can go and teach English in Japan with elder...Okomoto? while keaton is on the mission and I'm holding down things in Jersey! (what if????) I've never really heard any stories about your Mission pop, only that one day in seminary you brought out some stuff. The church is true, the book is blue and Jesus cheers for BYU!! haha, sorry, got the jimmer fever still. You should share more of your mission stories, I think It'd be good for Keaton and all of us to hear.
If you worked for GM, you wouldda been homies with uncle Ed right? and you would get cool cars? BUt we would be cheese heads haha, wisconsin (Ms. Hackl is from wisconsin...random)
Philadelphia Temple - I want to go there with the whole family when it is dedicated!!!
Love you Pop. It's ok to have feelings. (I feel like that's something our family could have used more of-- honesty about our feelings.) Still, you're right, some convos are best had in person instead of the wide old web. :] Hope we can all be together in the temple when J and K get married. Hahahah, it's weird to think about my younger siblings getting married. Anyway, I'm glad you love us and we've been a happy family. :] and see you soooon!
ReplyDelete