Sunday, February 26, 2012

Favorite SPORT

Greetings Sumner-ites. Today is supposed to be the opening day of Nascar with the Daytona 500 which, unfortunately, got rained out. NOW WHAT WILL BENET DO?? So I thought I would put out a goal of writing about your favorite sport. Mine happens to be baseball. Specifically the Phillies. My father, Dunnie, took me to my first baseball game when I was about 7 or so - the Oakland A's with their championship team consisting of Catfish Hunter as Pitcher and Reggie Jackson as star slugger. When I spent time away from New Jersey in 2009, the summer in Yuma when I took care of Kimba, I was missing my homies in Jersey and felt connected to them when I watched the Phillies. When the Philies won the World Series in 2008, Keaton and Julia and I (along with ward member Cyndi Holston) went to the PARADE of joy in Philadelphia which was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Now I have Phillies handbags, tshirts and pj's. No matter where I live, I will always be a Phillies girl. After over 25 years of marriage to Benet, I have had a pretty extensive exposure to sports. I can enjoy a hockey game, follow a football game, endure NiceCar and roll my eyes during golf on TV, but will always watch baseball. I even listen to the sports guys on the radio during baseball season. HAHAHA. What is your favorite Sport and/or memory associated with a sport...??? And yes, Marching Band counts as a sport because when I was in high school, Marching Band counted as a phys ed class.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.